We are looking for a creative garden designer to join our team at Grant Horticulture.
Based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, where we work with a variety of clients, some of which are based in areas of outstanding natural beauty.
We have a reputation for delivering excellent service at every stage for our clients. We’re looking for a garden designer who has a keen eye for detail. We need someone who has a passion for new and innovative garden design and who can identify the key touchpoints when it comes to responding to our clients’ briefs.
Key objectives of role:
- Respond intelligently, creatively, and sympathetically to client briefs
- Create beautiful designs that challenge expectation and inspire desire
- To work quickly and efficiently, using knowledge of the design and build process, to help deliver projects in a timely manner
What would you be doing?
- Brief interpretation and design concepts
- Create accurate design drawings which demonstrate your exceptional plant knowledge and technical construction understanding
- Creating planting plans with specific plant information
- Planting in accordance with a planting plan
- Comfortable and confident in making garden design decisions
- Capable of considering the time and cost implications of those decisions
- Using and developing your planting knowledge so that we can offer clients unique solutions for the gardens
- Conducting accurate site surveys
- Liaising with clients, contractors, and suppliers by phone and in person
What are we looking for?
- Qualified garden designer with proven experience using Sketchup, Photoshop or similar CAD software.
- Minimum two years experience
- and varied portfolio
- Proactive and collaborative working style
- Excellent communication skills
- A well balanced individual who can bring positivity, creativity and professionalism to our growing team
What is it like working for Grant Horticulture?
- You will be encouraged to work autonomously to deadlines and with commercial acumen
- You will be part of a team who not only design gardens but also manage and maintain them once in place
- We are BALI members
- We have a sister company the Northern School of Gardening and we are an online retailer of gardening products
What we can offer:
- Friendly and personable colleagues
- Enviable working environment
- Access to tools and vehicles
- Encouraged to work independently and creatively
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including the opportunity to utilise the companies overseas holiday property
- Access to ongoing training and continued professional development
Starting salary: Competitive based on experience
Hours: Full or Part-time subject to agreement
Location: Killinghall, Harrogate (scope for some home working subject to agreement)
How to Apply
Please email a copy of your CV along with a covering letter and portfolio of work examples to Dean Bolton-Grant – email@example.com